Rooster Sailing

Rooster Sailing are proud to be sponsoring this page. Click on this image to go to our on-line shop and earn your organisation commission on any purchases made via this link.

Monday 25 April 2011

The Public, the Sun, the Things That Are Fun

Thank you Falmouth for your amazing hospitality. We are setting sail tomorrow after nearly a month of being by the Maritime Museum here. The days have been as hard work as they have sunny! As the sun has shone we have gotten up early to sand and oil bits of wood and then prepared the boat for the public to step on for a snoop around.
If we have not sailed in the evening with passengers and pasties then we have carried on with our ever present maintenance. I shall write again soon about the oiling and sanding of the pin rail. It is a personal aim of mine to get the boat looking right 'andsome for her return to Bristol in July.

Over the holiday period we've been open to the public and to a great reception.
I have very much enjoyed being asked the same questions over and over again. For once I am not being sarcastic. I cannot begrudge such enthusiasm, for it allows me to look upon the Matthew with fresh eyes.
I no longer stare along the deck seeing nothing but a list of jobs for me to do and delegate, I see just how remarkable this ship truly is. I have always taken pride in the work I've done on board the Matthew, though I don't think I've truly stood back and thought just how lucky I am to be a part of this. It is by a renewed interest from many, varied people that I have re-learned to enthuse about my work and why it is I do whatever it is that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to encourage comments of all kinds. Positive, negative, informative, evocative...
Your opinions, suggestions and thoughts matter to me so please feel free to get in touch and comment.